1) Why have a gala? Grace Lutheran Church is a source of significant support for Grace Christian Academy by providing classroom space and services. Without this support, GCA could not offer such low tuition rates as compared to other area private schools. Though tuition covers many of the physical needs of the school, there remains a gap between tuition and the actual cost to educate a scholar. And because of their extraordinary outreach to help others, Grace Christian Academy provides tuition assistance to many families for whom a Christian education might be out of reach. The gala will be a fun opportunity for those who support Christian education to get together virtually and show that support.
2) How exactly does a virtual gala work? The entire event, which should last about an hour, will be live streamed. All registered guests will be sent a link to the actual stream. Though we can't serve you dinner, many elements will be similar to an in-person event. There will be entertainment and remarks, and a video featuring the scholars of Grace Christian Academy, and you'll be joined by a group of other supporters of GCA. You will not be able to see the other attendees, and they won't be able to see you. So really - come as you are! The live auction is just that - live. You'll be bidding real time. You'll be able to know who you are bidding against and the results will be seen immediately. If you've attended our in-person gala, you will probably recognize our auctioneer - Justin Swisher. Justin will definitely keep things lively in this virtual environment! The silent auction, which opens September 6th, will end just prior to the end of the event. Although registration is free, you will be required to enter credit card information in order to bid.
3) How can I be a sponsor? A number of sponsorship opportunities at varying levels are available. Sponsorship levels can be found here. If you have any questions, please contact us.
4) What kind of items will be available at the silent auction? A list of items appears on our gala website. Please check back frequently as we are always adding great prizes! The bidding opens September 6th!
5) Who is Melanie Penn? Melanie is a critically acclaimed singer who's work has been featured on the Eric Metaxas show, in Christianity Today, and the Huffington Post.
6) I can’t make it to the gala, but I’d still like to support Christian education at Grace. Thanks! You can make a tax-deductible donation through our website, or please mail your check, made payable to the Grace Christian Academy Foundation, to GCAF, Attn: Gala, 3233 Annandale Road, Falls Church VA 22042.
7) Can I participate in the silent auction if I cannot attend the Gala? Yes! Visit the Gala site on September 6th and bid away!
8) Where will the Gala be held? The Gala will be held in your living room! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to move to a virtual event. But make no mistake - it still promises to be entertaining. And the best part is you don't need to dress up!
9) What should I wear? Absolutely no suits allowed! Come as you are.
10) How do I register? Please go directly to the event site.
Still have questions? Please email us at: email@example.com